$105,000 – $115,000 a year
Full Job Description
Come Join Our Growing, Dynamic Team!
Steel & O’Brien is a premium manufacturer of sanitary fittings, valves, pumps and more. We serve essential industries like food, beverage and pharmaceutical.
Learn more at www.steelobrien.com.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM AND DEDUCTIBLE COVERED IN FULL, as part of our full suite of competitive benefits.
The Engineering Manager, a key member of the management team, will provide strategic engineering and technical leadership to effectively meet goals and support overall business objectives.
- Lead and innovate with high quality mechanical engineering, research and development, product design, testing, drafting and manufacturing solutions, emphasizing Engineering’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics
- Effectively manage and develop team members
- Create and maintain detailed engineering plans, internal standards, processes, and procedures
- Recommend and manage engineering projects including budgets and timelines
- Represent the company’s interests at industry specific meetings and keep management apprised of current developments (BPE, 3-A, CRN)
- Identify and apply industry and regulatory standards for our products and services, ensuring compliance with those standards
- Collaborate cross functionally with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Establish credibility through the organization and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue and reduce costs
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior team. Build and lead a talented, flexible, world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer-oriented, and is exceptionally responsive.
- Champion safety, company culture and ethics
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced skills in MS Office programs, ERP systems, and 3D modeling software such as Inventor
- Positive, professional oral and written communications with track record of success in communicating complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing and competing priorities
- Solid project management and program governance skills to manage multiple issues/projects effectively. Experience in providing management reports on status of key projects and activities.
- Expert understanding and application of mechanical concepts, tooling, tolerances, drawings, and process improvement
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TQM, DMAIC and/or similar concepts
- Curious, critical thinker with excellent analytical skills and complex problem solving ability
- Experience in design and testing, and new product development
- Experience in using data and business analytics to understand business performance and support decision making
- Experience with re-engineering business processes, managing change, and developing process improvements for complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and open working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates
- Able to appropriately delegate key responsibilities and transfer some of his/her own duties and decisions as the direct/indirect reports’ number and skill sets grow.
- Openly demonstrate servant leadership
- Respectfully listen to concerns and ideas brought to your attention, and comfortable interacting with employees at all levels in the organization
- Support and participate in company functions
- Accessible and approachable, respecting intellectual integrity and valuing individuality, building and fostering working relationships with business partners from a variety of backgrounds, thus enabling a partnership mentality
- Collaborative team player with his/her ego well in check
- Open to feedback, continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Respect confidentiality
- Embody our values of Integrity, Trust, Creativity and Courage, Teamwork, and Excellence
- BS or higher in engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably durable goods), including experience in a management role
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Safely navigate a manufacturing environment
- Extended periods of sitting and using computer equipment
- Use tools and equipment
- Perform occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $105,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- What is your desired hourly compensation rate?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location