Top Line is now Steel & O’Brien.
toplineonline.com is automatically being redirected to steelobrien.com
Operations Excellence Intern
From $14 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Steel & O’Brien Mfg. is a manufacturer of stainless steel parts and fittings for the pharmaceutical, food and beverage industry.
The Steel and O’Brien Operational Excellence Internship provides a current student the opportunity to engage in projects within operations management, sourcing, logistics, or manufacturing in the Arcade, NY facility. Improvement activities may include the following areas: workplace organization, elimination of waste, distribution, supply planning, master scheduling & planning. During the internship, students will establish relationships with peers and leaders, learn fundamentals and receive coaching performance feedback from Operations leadership.
Support the Operations Planning Team
- Assist in the creation of world-class internal processes such as operations, and operations planning.
- Support the Production Managers & Production Planning / Control teams in their daily standard work and improvement projects as needed.
- Analysis of Data to help drive Improvement
- Delivery data, Misses, etc.
- Participate in and support lean daily management.
Support the Operations Lean Transformation
- Participate in cross-functional project teams – typically within operations and supply chain; member of the 5S and SMED projects
- Collection and analysis of data related the CI projects.
- Participate in process and transactional improvement Kaizens
- Support productivity improvement projects in the plant and other transactional waste reduction initiatives.
- Pursuing a Degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering (MfgE or IE preferred).
- Willingness to function as a member of the operations team and actively participate in improvement events in the factory environment for days at a time.
- Must be able to multitask and independently problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills and operations research competency.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work independently.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location